August 8, 2016
Dear IAM Community,
I hope everyone had a great summer! Welcome back to school and the 2016-2017 school year. We are very excited to start the year and to see everyone on August 15 at 7:45 AM. While we are looking forward to this year there are a few important items that we must celebrate from last year!
- 93% of our graduates received the full IB Diploma. This is the highest in school history and the highest in the State of Michigan. We are very proud of the class of 2016 and all of their accomplishments.
- All 2016 graduates will attend a four-year university with several going out of state. The list of universities is very impressive: Stanford, Yale, University of Michigan are a few of the stand-outs.
- While we received IB Middle Years Programme authorization, this year we plan on delivering more feedback on how students are doing with a full MYP report card.
We have several new teachers on staff:
- Mr. Evan Kardon-Environmental Systems and Biology
- Mr. André Spotts-History
- Ms. Caroline Nagle-German
- Mr. Jonathon Pete-History
- Mr. Matthew Brown-English
Please join me in welcoming these experienced and talented educators!
Our Link Crew, led by Mr. Tapp and Mr. Lambdin, is welcoming the nearly 155 incoming ninth graders to our Freshmen Orientation today, while our staff returns to a professional development day tomorrow. We look forward to greeting all of our students when school begins on Monday, August 15.
We are also looking forward to meeting all parents and guardians at our Open House on August 25 at 6:30 PM. (Please note there will be a 6:00pm meeting for parents/guardians of Juniors only before the Open House)
I am confident that 2016-2017 will be a great year for the IAM!