IAM Points of Pride
Members of our school community do some amazing things that deserve to be recognized. Here are a few:
• All IAM graduates have gone on to study at the college and university level at schools such as the University of Michigan, Princeton, Michigan State University, Kettering, University of Alabama, Purdue,James Madison, George Washington, Howard, Penn State, the United States Naval Academy, Kenyon College, Spelman College, and Ohio State University.
• The IAM students have improved every year in pursuit of the prestigious IB Diploma.
*Class of 2012: 58%.
*Class of 2013: 76%.
*Class of 2014: 89%.
*Class of 2015: 92%
*Class of 2016: 93%
• Every year since 2012, the students at the IAM have achieved the highest ACT score in Macomb County with an average score of 27. This score exceeds the annual state average of 20.
• Each graduating class has been awarded over $7 million in combined scholarship dollars as a result of their successes in academics, service, and character.
• The IAM is an IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) applicant school, making it the only all-IB school in Macomb County with official IB programmes implemented in all four grades.
• IAM language students rank among the most proficient in the nation. 26 German students placed in the 90th percentile or higher on the American Association of Teachers of German National Exams in 2015. Similarly, 14 students ranked in the top 10 regionally for their respective level tests in the 2015 National French Contest.
• The IAM band program receives superior ratings each year at the MSBOA Band and Orchestra Festival at district and state levels. Students have been selected annually for the Eastern Michigan University Honors Band, the Wayne State University Honors Band, and the MSBOA District Honors Band. One student was selected for the MYAF All-State Band in 2013.
• Art students displayed their work in the annual juried Anton Art Center Secondary Student Show.
• More than half of IAM students play multiple sports and participate in marching band and other extracurricular activities at their home schools. Many have gone on to compete at the college level.
• The Science Olympiad Club has competed at the state level of the Science Olympiad each year since 2011.
• The 2013 inaugural robotics team, I AM Robot, won Rookie All-Star awards at both district competitions and the Michigan Rookie All-Star award, allowing them to compete at the World Championships in St. Louis, Missouri.
• IAM teachers all have or are working on advanced degrees. Many serve or have served as IB examiners or trainers. Others are assessors in their respective fields for national exams or have served as curriculum development specialists at the district, county, and state levels.
• Students from the IAM have traveled internationally with teachers on school-sponsored trips to Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Italy, and China.